10/01/2009

AJ Benza off HSP ?

Browsing http://Pokerati.com
I read that season 6 of High Stakes Poker
may not include co-host AJ Benza. During a
recent interview on the Miserable Men Show
on Sirius/XM radio, AJ Benza said he "found out
through the grapevine that they may replace him
with a female co-host." Benza later offered a
compromise to his GSN bosses. "I'm all for me and
Gabe doing the way we do it and then them going
down to a chick at the table after a big pot and then
kicking it back up to me and Gabe."

I dont think getting rid of Benza is a bad idea
necessarily, but replacing him with a woman likely is.
Gabe and AJ have a unique antagonistic rapport.
I dont think you can have that with a woman co-host.
Look at how many female hosts the WPT has had.
Almost one per season. Aside from Shana Hiatt,
of those ladies were ever able to develop any kind of
lasting connection with the audience.

1 comment:

Charlie River said...

Hammer, I totally agree with you, the dynamic between these guys adds a nice punch to the show.

/Charlie