10/07/2007

Labyrinth of Avarice

by: Paul McGuire

After spending a substantial amount of time within the milieu of Las Vegas, I've come to the conclusion that partying and gambling as a temporary visitor in Sin City is a million times more enjoyable than living there for work, particularly during the two months in the middle of summer when the World Series of Poker is underway. I understand the plight of the unfortunate souls who have to toil in resort towns or other holiday hotspots as the resentment builds against those they have to serve and be around daily... tourists.

I travel frequently for both work and pleasure and spent the last three years on the road following the poker tournament circuit. I prefer hanging out with travelers more than tourists. There's a vast difference between a traveler and tourist and if you have to ask me to clarify that gap, then I'm afraid that you're a tourist in life.

Sadly, after living in Las Vegas on and off over the last three years, I have grown frustrated with the... Continue reading Labyrinth of Avarice

No comments: